Avatars have always been a hit online along with emoticons and especially after the Wii came out with the awesome Wii Mii’s. So why not create your own Manga Avatar here!
How clever… a napkin for your keyboard which let’s ya keep typing without a worry in making a mess! So grab that sandwich oozing with cranberry sauce and type away as you get your lunch geek on!
Watch out Segway, Toyota’s rolled out a pretty nifty tiny transporter with a “look mom, no hands” option! Check out the video after the jump… seems like it’ll get you places, not in a rush, and for the same 5k price tag as a Segway.
I’m off to SF later this week again. Hopefully the weathers less foggy. I checked out the Seward street slides, Twin Peaks, and 826 Valencia last time. Any other places to scoop out or must try food spots??
- NY Times Interactive Evolution of the Olympic Torch
- Telephone Piano Music video
- Total Solar Eclipse from an airplane video
- What happens when you tease a baby with food!
- Nissan Cube (spring 2009) giving away free shirts!
- Mini Coop to go Electric!?!
- Women rocks it out in a library! (hilarious!)
- Person documents 7 hours on tarmac delay!!!. Delta Bad Experience!
Dells launched Community Pulse which organizers their customers “Compliments” and “Complaints” along with a cloud of tags on subjects and a graph on subjects to see how they are doing overtime with individual categories.
Instead of hiding away all their complaints, show it off and improve. The more transparent a company can be about their issues, the sooner they can fix them. Fail faster, improve sooner.
Woa! No more stitching, just Gluing… Yup, this Dutch manufacture Glues their jeans together! Looks pretty slick, though not very sustainable using glue. I’d love a pair if I make it over to Amsterdam soon… let me know if any readers out there can help me out =)
a few more pics after jump…
Read the rest of this entry »
Hmmm, first comes Googles hidden SearchMash.com, then comes a surge of visual search engines (searchme, viewzi, redzee, pogo, etc) then comes a spinoff right out of Google called Cuil (pronounced Cool!). Give it a spin, it’s a nice refreshing take at what we have all come to know. I’m not sure if I’ll use it, but only time will tell.
MoveOn.org is giving away free Obama buttons by simply giving them your address (the free ones the top one). I submitted my info and buttons should be arriving in a few weeks. They have 2 other buttons for purchasing, but free is easier!
If your a fan of NewsMap, then you’ll also enjoy the dynamic set of “Digg Labs” visualizations. Personally, I like Bigspy, but all the other options are pretty nifty though more eye candy than functional. Turn on Bigspy, set it up on your 2nd monitor, and treat Digg feeds like a live streaming TV set!
It’s been one crazy month of work, so apologizes for the lack in posting, but there has not been too much to post about either. I had an amazing weekend in sunny San Francisco last week and am now back in the east coast, which has been rainy all week, but this weekend seems to be nice. Anyways, as an activity for the weekend: Send someone special a hand written letter by mail! =)
- Giant cow!
- Waterproofing Electronics: inside and out through a vacuum bag.
- Make your own Multi-Touch table for cheap!
- I lost my phone the other week. Freaked out because Facebook made me click through a bunch of pages to get everyone’s numbers. Then I discovered the “Phonebook” with everyone’s face, name and number on one page here.
- Fun Balloon/Tape Graffiti!
- Tom Friedman Books “The World is Flat” AudioBook download FREE until Aug 4th!