What an exhausting fun filled thanksgiving week/end! I was out in the Vegas area with family and friends pounding out hours of non-stop eating, mahjong, wii-ing, casino visits, shows, shopping, and many goofy hours with my many cousins in arcades (punch the duck game above) and everything else. Good times!
I’ve only returned to find out that a parking ticket I appealed 3 months ago got declined for no reason. I had pictures etc supporting the wrongful ticket, yet they will only let me dispute it in court, meaning take a day off from work, or pay the crummy $50. I really don’t understand why they don’t fix their system. Sure this system makes people pay more tickets, but when a wrongful ticket is given, the only choice is to pay rather than take a day off.
Design Note: Making money can be a sign of a great business, but sneaky tricks will lower the brand trust and the longevity in a business. Users come first in my world… always! Don’t you love those brands that just fix things without asking questions, then hate the ones that do ask!
Now for the links:
- Pancaking a truck video!
- Amazon.com launches “kindle”, their e-book/ink reader.
- Cool Torn graffiti work by Alexandre Farto
- Creative IKEA ads… I wonder if these layouts would be good?
- Swims: Rubber slip-on booties for your nice shoes.
- Popcorn Fork!
- Cool origami folds using bills!
- What hundreds of thin paint layers look like stacked!
- An Interview with Jim Gromen on the rebirth of MadBalls!
- Another Eco Friendly Powerstrip!
- Google Android (G-phone) emerges!